Let’s trace back to the summer before my freshman year of high school… Feeling uninspired by the gossip-filled stories of many teen magazines, I founded Pulse Spikes, a digital and print magazine made by youth for youth focusing on entertainment, entrepreneurship, and activism to create a platform for young creatives to share their work.
Visit Pulse Spikes’ website.
Fast forward to today…
- 50,000 Readers: Our stories have reached tens of thousands of readers.
- 190+ Countries Reached: Our audience extends across the globe.
- 250+ Stories: From conversations with aspiring artists to industry leaders, we’ve profiled young visionaries who are changing the game.
- 16 Print Issues: Your favorite stories, now in print.
- Editor-in-Chief: Collaborate with 30+ young photographers and writers
- Creative Director: Oversee creative process for talent photoshoots, from vision to execution
- Web Developer: Build and update the website for digital stories
- Talent Bookings: Research potential story ideas, write pitches, manage relationships with record labels and PR firms
- Social Media: Maintain social media presence and build online audience
- Designer: Design layouts for print issues using Adobe InDesign
Asian Representation in Media: Lana Condor (To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before)
How Technology is Shaping the Arts: Greg Lutze (VSCO Co-Founder)
Equipping Girls With Coding Skills: Karlie Kloss (Supermodel, Founder of Kode With Klossy)
The Need for Immigration Reform, From the Daughter of Undocumented Parents: Diane Guerrero (Orange Is the New Black)
Poetry’s Role in Social Change: Amanda Gorman (National Youth Poet Laureate)
Navigating the Entertainment Industry From a Mental Health Perspective: Lili Reinhart (Riverdale)